A Look Back at 2017 Highlights & A Glance at 2018 Goals
What Made This Year Rock?
Are y’all excited for a brand new year? I always love this time of year because it offers a sense of a fresh start, new beginnings, recharging after a busy season, and some motivation to actually stick to those goals and resolutions we have been thinking about for the last few weeks.
I am a big fan of setting goals for the year, picking a “Word of the Year,” focusing on certain things in the months ahead, and in general, planning for the future. I’m going to share more about HOW I work on my goals, plan the future, as well as my Word for 2018 real soon, so stay tuned!
Until then, I wanted to share some highlights of 2017, as well as goals I have set for myself in this new year. A lot of my 2018 goals involve growth, both financially and in my business. I know this is going to be a good year. Last year, we finally got serious about setting financial goals and tackling them. We (my husband and I) want this year to be pivotal for us in the way of finances, because we know it will help us to continue crushing goals for ourselves and our family in the years ahead. I guess you could say we are looking farther ahead into the future than we really ever have before.
My hope for you reading this is that you have been doing the same – reflecting on how 2017 went. What worked? What didn’t work so well? Are you using some type of journal or system to track your goals, progress, or to help you keep track of what you want to work on in this new year? Do you have big, exciting plans this year? How will you balance those big, exciting changes with managing the day to day stuff? I am a huge plan on writing down my goals, keeping to-do lists, and using my Powersheets to help me crush my goals…and mainly stay on track with them. What good are goals if you’re not actively working to achieve them?
I am also going to be sharing a bit about Powersheets real soon; do you have them? Have you been using them long? Do you find they help with goal setting and goal achieving?! Let me know; leave a comment below and let me know how Powersheets are working for you! If you don’t use Powersheets, but are using another system or method to keep track of goals, I wanna know that, too!
- Signed up for Showit and launched the new online home for Bethanne Arthur Photography!
- Photographed first international wedding
- Traveled to the Caribbean island of Antigua
- Traveled to San Francisco, CA with my best friend for the Rising Tide Society leaders’ retreat with HoneyBook!
- Traveled to Europe for the first time ever and visited PARIS!
- Met booking goal for the year
- Planned and photographed a styled shoot
- Multiple publications and features, including my first feature in a national print magazine!
- Began our debt-free journey
- Strengthened friendships and relationships
- Photographed my first elopement in the mountains of West Virginia
- Began my email list! (You can sign up HERE if you’re not already subscribed!)
- Hosted my first in-person Q&A event
- Traveled to Raleigh, NC to serve as a panelist and Alumni Mastermind mentor for round 7 of the Creative at Heart Conference!
- My sister-in-law and her husband welcomed my nephew into the world, and I got to photograph them as a new family of three!!! (Cue the happy tears!)
- Co-hosted a big holiday party for Rising Tide Society-Tuesdays Together, Leesburg and creative professionals in the DMV!
- Photographed 11 special days for amazing couples all over Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, and internationally!
- Captured countless, precious moments during several sessions throughout the year
- Served as a Rising Tide Society TT chapter leader for Leesburg, VA
- Began shooting film
- Photographed several creative headshot sessions for fellow boss ladies! (Cannot wait for MORE of these types of sessions in 2018!)
It was freezing!
Antigua was so gorgeous!
So many special people! So thankful for all of them!
BRIDES Magazine, FEB/MAR 2017 edition
C@H Photos by Holly Felts Photography in Raleigh, North Carolina at the Merrimon-Wynne House
My sweet nephew!
Thank you to the team of Showit for being amazing and to Seaside Creative for the website template!
2018 Goals + To-Do’s
- Continue our debt-free journey and totally crushing our financial goals! Thank you, Dave Ramsey! His podcast has been so helpful and motivating!
- Drink a ton more water
- Take better care of my health and wellness
- Build the education side of my business and continue to create lots of free, helpful content for photographers and biz owners (like you!)
- Continue to grow my email list
- Read way more books!
- Plan and photograph another styled shoot with a dream team of amazing vendors in the area
- Hire an editor, so that I can get more time back for myself and with my friends and family
- Update my website (galleries + copy!)
- Start to plan and save up for our first family trip to Disney World!
- Save up for a spot at the Making Things Happen Conference in 2019!
- Travel to Phoenix, AZ for Showit UNITED conference in NOV
- Crush it as the new official photographer for the Creative at Heart Conference and serve the team + attendees well at the next conference this year!
- Continue to love on all of my clients and provide them with the best experience possible! 🙂
- Grow my business and increase revenue
- Give away one free coaching session to a lucky winner! (Details + how to enter below)
Photo by Sarah Houston Photography in Antigua
I am really excited to be giving one free one-on-one coaching session to a lucky winner this year! This is for you if you are a photographer – a creative – a business owner – an aspiring boss lady – a dreamer – a mother trying to figure it all out.
I cannot wait to sit down with whoever wins to talk business, dreams, how to crush those 2018 goals and grow their business, how to balance parenthood and running a business, entrepreneur life, prioritizing what matters, social media, blogging, and more!
If you’d like a chance to win a 2-hour coaching session with me (can happen in person or from the comfort of your own home via online), enter below!
Good luck, and Happy New Year, friends!